Hello again people! Once again we’re taking a special look at ARMS. Today I’m asking for help from my brother, Miles. He’s really been enjoying ARMS as well, and knows more about different fighters than me. But anyway, lets once again exteeennnd our knowledge of this game!
This category is really important. Every fighter is unique and has their own unique ability. Me and my brother are going to rank these in a tier list! Let’s go!
S-Tier: Ninjara, Max Brass, Twintelle, Helix
A-Tier: Byte & Barq, Kid Cobra, Springtron, Misango
B-Tier: Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Mechanica, Spring Man
C-Tier: Dr. Coyle, Lola Pop, Master Mummy
Here is a special look at some interesting characters!
- Ninjara is my second favorite favorite character. His special ability is to teleport when jump-dashing or sometimes when shielding. Miles likes him a lot too.
- But, for Miles, a different character is his favorite … Helix. Helix is one of the strangest characters as he is a jello human? Blob of goo?? I don’t know what he is, but I do know he’s a great fighter. His ability is to stretch high or blob(?) low. You can stretch him by holding R, and can sink by holding down L.
- Twintelle uses her hair to fight. She has fists at the end of her hair. Her ability is to slow down time in a circle around her by holding down L after jumping.
- Kid Cobra is super quick in the air and has great arms. My favorite is the Slapamander. He is also super cool looking! Note: Kid Cobra originally was in S-tier, but I moved him to A-tier because I realized Max Brass was better in my opinion.
- Byte & Barq are quite odd characters. Byte is a former police robot, and Barq is his robo police dog. Barq will shoot a suction cup out of his mouth at your opponent. Byte’s special ability is to hop on Barq and ride super fast around the stage!
- Ribbon Girl is one of the mascot characters for ARMS. She is an easy but fun fighter to master. Her stage is also super cool. Her arms are good, but her ability is even better. She can jump up to four times in the air, and dash in the air twice.
- Springtron is literally just Spring Man, but he looks cooler. He is a robot that was created by Dr. Coyle to rival Spring man. He can release a shockwave when he holds down L or R after jumping. Although he is a lot like Spring Man, I find myself playing as Springtron much more
- Min Min is one of the most popular fighters. Her arms are made out of ramen noodles, but her left arm has a special ability. When charging for extra long or successfully grabbing a character, her left arm becomes a dragon! When her arm is a dragon then it always has charged punches until she is hit. When dashing, she will kick away punches heading towards her.
- I’ve been saving my best for last in the form of … Max Brass. Max Brass is the final boss of Grand Prix mode, and is quite the formidable opponent. He is a big but flexible character, and has some pretty good classic arms. Some people say he is like Spring Man and Master Mummy combined, which I agree with. When charging he won’t flinch, which means he won’t be knocked around. Once his health is under 20%, he will have constantly charged arms.
Pictured from right to left are Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Master Mummy, Mechanica, Min Min, and Helix.
Wow. That was A LOT of writing. These two articles combined took me about a week to write. This game is just that MASSIVE. I’ve been playing this so much with my family, and we keep getting better. I’m really good at Hoops, but so is Miles. My dad is good at all the modes, and wins a lot of the time. As far as fighters go, for now my favorite is Max Brass. Overall, I’d rate this game……
Thank you for reading!