Wow. The decade has ended, and we’re already 4 months in to the next one. The 2010s were a great time for animated films, and when I was looking through big animated movies, 2010 caught my eye. 2010 had many great and well known animated movies. Let’s take a look back at 2010 and review some of the movies from this incredible year!
- How to Train Your Dragon. This movie, loosely based off of the popular book series by Cressida Cowell, was a very original and one of DreamWorks finest works. Hiccup and Toothless are a hilarious duo, and the dragon riders are great too. Overall, this was a great start to the year!
- Next up was Toy Story 3, the third installment of one of my favorite movie franchises. This movie was my favorite Toy Story until 4, and I still think it has the best story. The story is complex, while also being simple enough for kids to love, which makes it a great all around movie.
- The month after that Illumination released Despicable Me, which was very well received, especially for Illumination. This is definitely my favorite Illumination film, because it is funny and has a great story. And the Despicable Me franchise went downhill from here, so this is definitely the best movie of the trilogy and any of the spinoffs.
- Oh boy I almost forgot! DreamWorks also came out with Megamind, which I actually like better than How to Train Your Dragon. Most people didn’t like this as much, but I liked it much more. Although the animation may not be quite as nice, the plot is amazing and pretty complex for DreamWorks. And the movie is just so funny! I would definitely recommend this movie if you haven’t seen it yet.
- Finally, in November then Disney released their next big movie: Tangled. Tangled is one of my favorite Disney films, and is my favorite Disney princess movie. It was the first of the twist on a “classic” Disney princess movies, and Disney executed it PERFECTLY.
Well, that wraps it up for today. I hope you all enjoyed, and stay tuned for more movie, game and food reviews!